It seems like just about everybody has come into contact with those winter illnesses such as the flu, so we’d thought it’d be a good idea to post some of our favorite home and all natural remedies to get your family feeling better.
1. At first-site of flu-like symptoms, find natural immune booster, elderberry, at your local health market. Elderberry has fantastic natural properties and anti-oxidants that stimulate the immune system and reduce inflammation. Better yet, it doesn’t have the side effects that flu medication often presents.
2. For a sore throat, make “Grandmas Top Secret Lemon Honey Drink.” heat 1-cup water, add 1-Tbsp lemon juice, and 1&1/2-Tbsp honey
3. For an earache, find garlic oil capsules at your local store and pour just a few drops in the ear. Works every time to relieve the ache!
4. Remember B.R.A.T. for diarrhea. It stands for- Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast. The combination will get you feeling more regular in no time.
5. Black licorice will cure constipation nine times out of ten! Who would’ve thought?!
6. For a headache, try these three things first: Drink a large class of water. Rub head/neck making sure to work out the knots. Find the pressure point between your thumb and pointer finger and press.
7. For teething kiddos, take a washcloth, wet the center with a little water, spread on a Tbl of applesauce, roll it up, then freeze it. Babies love this because it’s sweet, chewy, & cold so it numbs their gums!
8. For an overall immune system booster, chiropractic works! We adjust your spine so that your nervous system can help other systems in your body (like immune system) work better and more efficiently, especially when it comes to the flu!